On this day trip, see the third-tallest waterfall in British Columbia, take a gondola along the beautiful mountains, ride a train, pan for gold, and explore modern exhibits in a historic mine. Scheduled tour stops include Shannon Falls, Sea to Sky Gondola, and the award winning National Historic Site Britannia Mine Museum.
What You Can Expect
Meet a guide at your hotel in Vancouver for 9am departure; customized departure times can be arranged upon request. Start the day with the wonderful scenery along the Sea to Sky Highway, then stretch your legs at Shannon Falls, the third-highest waterfall in British Colombia. You can feel the mist as you walk along the viewing deck, or take a short walk to the base.
Next, visit the Sea to Sky Gondola. Ride up to the summit for panoramic views over Howe Sound, the majestic coastal forest, and the surrounding mountains, including the Squamish Chief climbing area. At the top, you will have access to a wide array of outdoor experiences, including two different interpretive loop walking trails with cantilevered viewing platforms, the spectacular Sky Pilot Suspension Bridge, numerous hiking trails, rock climbing, and trails that access backcountry routes.
Then, visit the Britannia Mine Museum where you will learn about the amazing history of local copper mining; British Colombia was once the largest producer of copper in the British Empire. Climb aboard the mine train as it rolls into the dark, and try panning for gold. Finish the day with return transfer to Vancouver and drop-off at your hotel.
Important note: Please include your contact information (phone and email) and hotel information at checkout. Call the tour operator ahead to confirm.
- Priority entrance
- Admission fees included
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Professional and fun guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Vancouver only)
- Port pickup and drop off (Vancouver only)
- Walking tour
- Car seats available for kids if requested in advance
- Transport by private vehicle
- Maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag per traveler. Please inquire with the operator prior to travel regarding any oversized or excess luggage
- Food and drinks
- Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel
- Airport pick up/drop off (available at an additional charge)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Must include hotel information at time of booking and call tour operator ahead to confirm
- Cruise ship passengers (if applicable), must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Cruise pickups are free of charge
- Please allow 30 minutes for pickup (due to traffic)
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, due to uneven surfaces comfortable footwear is advised
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 14 people per booking
Tour departs from hotel address provided at checkout. Please include your phone number and room number so that your tour operator can contact you to confirm the start time.
The tour starts at 9am (departure time can be changed upon request)Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
6 hours (approx.)