What You Can Expect
Begin the day with a morning hotel pickup in a comfortable coach. The group will drive over a true Vancouver landmark, the Lion’s Gate Bridge, a 5,890-foot (1,823-meter) bridge that offers unparalleled views of Vancouver Harbor, English Bay, and beyond.
Once across the Bridge and in the North Shore, the tour continues on a short drive up the mountain to the Capilano Fish Hatchery. Here you will learn about the life cycle of salmon and, depending on the season (July thru August), watch them as they leap their way upriver.
Next, head over to a world-famous foot bridge, the Capilano Suspension Bridge, to walk among the towering trees of the surrounding temperate rainforest and learn the traditions of the Coast Salish indigenous people. Then the group will be guided across the infamous 446-foot (136-meter) bridge to the other side of the river to a climb into the canopy and walk through the Treetops Adventure walkway high above the canyon and river below.
For those seeking a more thrilling experience, try the ‘Cliffwalk’, the newest attraction at the Capilano Suspension Bridge. This adrenaline-pumping journey travels through the rainforest on a series of suspended walkways built out from the granite cliff face to give the group access to unexplored territories of the park.
At Grouse Mountain, the group will ascend into the coastal mountains by gondola and travel to a 3,937-foot (1,200-meter) viewpoint to enjoy one of the best views in Vancouver overlooking the city. In the summertime, walk along the mountain top meadows and witness the world-famous Lumberjack show. Visit Grinder and Coola, two resident grizzly bears and enjoy a ‘Birds in Motion’ demonstration at the Refuge for Endangered Wildlife. Attend a movie at the ‘Theatre in the Sky’ before heading back.
A quick summary of the tour:
- Drive across Lion’s Gate Bridge overlooking English Bay and Vancouver Harbour
- Visit the Capilano Fish Hatchery and learn about the life cycle of salmon
- Walk across the Capilano Suspension Bridge
- Explore Treetops Adventure Walkway
- Cross the Cliffwalk and experience uncharted territory
- Ride the Grouse Mountain Gondola
- Take part in Grouse Mountain activities – Grizzly Bears, Lumberjack Show, Birds in Motion etc
After this exciting North Shore experience, the group will return to the van and relax on the drive back to Vancouver.
- Priority entrance and admission fees
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Professional and fun guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off (Vancouver only)
- Small-group walking tour
- Live commentary onboard
- Local guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Round-trip shared transfer by air-conditioned coach
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Airport pickup/drop off (additional charge)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers (if applicable), must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Please allow 30 minutes for pickup, due to traffic
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, due to uneven surfaces comfortable footwear is advised
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Tour departs from hotel address provided at checkout. Please include your phone number and room number so that your tour operator can contact you to confirm the start time.
The tour starts at 9am (departure time can be changed upon request)Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
5 hours (approx.)